Avis Continues to Innovate to Enhance the Customer Experience
PARSIPPANY, N.J., July 18, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avis puts the rental experience in the hands of its customers now more than ever with new features on its mobile app. Avis Car Rental today unveiled major updates, fueled by customer feedback, that provide renters with more options when it comes to car selection and with more resources while on the road.
The Avis mobile app underscores the brand's commitment to driving innovation that makes for a better reservation and rental experience and offers a range of industry-leading features. Enhancements include:
- Larger Variety of Vehicles — There's no need to settle for a vehicle when you can pick your favorite make and model. The Avis mobile app now offers a wider selection of vehicles for customers to choose from when they are selecting their exact rental vehicle just prior to arriving at the rental facility.
- Fuel and Parking Options — Avoid the stress of navigating a new city or making last-minute stops before a flight. Customers can conveniently locate gas stations and parking options within a five-mile radius of their location via the Avis mobile app.
- Courtesy Bus Tracking — Stay on schedule and keep your colleagues updated on your arrival status. Customers can easily see how many minutes away the next courtesy bus is via the mobile app. This feature allows customers to view the location of Avis shuttle buses, pick-up points and the Avis rental location on an in-app map that refreshes every five seconds.
- Rental Receipts — Improve the expense report process. Customers can now download receipts for previous rentals. Receipts are available in PDF format enabling travelers to quickly and conveniently obtain the documentation needed for business travel reimbursement.
- "Find My Car" — No more wasting time trying to find your vehicle. This new app feature that works with connected cars shows the exact location of the rental car should customers forget where they parked.
"We partnered with our customers to determine what they wanted, and we've delivered," said Arthur Orduña, chief innovation officer, Avis Budget Group. "We're excited to innovate and continue to delight Avis renters when they're on the road. In fact, our vision is to create an experience where all aspects of the customers' rental — everything they need, want and could possibly ask for — is available at the touch of a button on the Avis app."
The Avis mobile app experience is currently available at approximately 150 locations globally and has been used by nearly a quarter million Avis Car Rental customers. The app allows renters to manage their entire rental from their smartphone, choosing the exact car they want, changing or upgrading their vehicle while at or near the lot with a simple swipe, viewing their rental agreement, locking and unlocking the car and more.
As part of the Company's commitment to provide mobility solutions to customers, Avis previously announced that it is spearheading a transformation of its fleet. The initiative will result in 50,000 more vehicles becoming fully connected cars by early 2018, more than doubling the number of connected vehicles in the Avis fleet. In turn, this will provide travelers with increased control and convenience over their rental experience while also delivering operational efficiencies.
For more information about Avis Car Rental or the Avis mobile app, visit www.avis.com.
Avis Car Rental operates one of the world's best-known car rental brands with approximately 5,500 locations in approximately 170 countries. Avis has a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world's top brands for customer loyalty. Avis is owned by Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:CAR), which operates and licenses the brand throughout the world. For more information, visit www.avis.com.
Contact: Alice Pereira 973.496.3916 PR@avisbudget.com